Subscribe Holiness or Hell: So You Think You Are Saved?

Friday, June 21, 2013

So You Think You Are Saved?

Saved From What?
 
     It has gotten to a place where everybody is saying they're saved.  Comedians, still smoking and drinking, are saying they are saved.  You've got rock stars, saying they are saved, still playing blues, and saying they are Christian rock artists.  It used to be in the Baptist church, when I was coming up, everyone said they had religion.  Now, they are saying they are saved.  So what does it mean to be saved?
     To all of you that are saying you are saved, but are still dressing like you used to dress, still have a boyfriend/girlfriend, still have the same old ways, here is my question to you.  If you are saved, then from what?  What are you saved from if you are still doing the same ol' things?  
 
 

     Alright, first off, in Matthew 1:21 (KJV), the word says: And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins.  The end says, "from their sins", not in their sins.  How can you be saved and never stop doing the things that you were doing?
     The Apostle Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  What are those old things?  The way you think.  Why do I say that?  Solomon said the thoughts of the righteous are right.  And God said in Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  So how can you continue to think and act like you used to act and say you're still saved?  You say you are saved, but from what?  Somebody's lying, but it's not the Word of God.
     In I John 3:9-10, it reads: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not the righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.  In order to become a son of God, you have got to purify yourself.  What does that mean?  Everything that the Lord says is a sin, you've got to come away from it as much as you can.  You sanctify yourself, then the God of Peace will sanctify you wholly.  God will do with your heart what you can't do yourself.  There must be a difference. You've got to walk away from sin yourself.  Once again I ask, what are you saved from?
     When you transgress the law of God, you are a sinner.  The purpose of Jesus coming into the world was to save you from your sins.  How can you proclaim to be saved, and haven't come out from under your sins?  If anything, you have picked up a few.  If you are saved, you cannot continue to sin.
     You may commit sin accidentally while you're growing and learning in God.  In order to reach perfection, you have to make mistakes.  And in these mistakes, you might sin, trying to do right.  God forgives these sins.  But I am addressing residual sin.
     If you are saved, you will be known by your works, or your fruits.  To all of you that say don't judge: Jesus said a tree is known by the fruit it bears. (i.e. the way you live, the way you walk, the way you talk) Therefore, I am not judging you, your fruits are.
     Romans 6:1 - What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?  Since some say salvation came by grace, which is what the scripture said, shall we continue to sin so God can continually have grace?  Paul didn't leave you wondering.  His question was not rhetorical.  But he answered in the next verse, which says, God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?  You cannot continue to sin if you've been delivered from sin.  If you are dead to sin, how can you continue therein?
     For example, right now I am living.  Once I die, I no longer live in my house.  If I am dead, and they've put me six feet under, how can I continue to be in my house, cooking meals, taking baths, etc. like I did while I was living?  Do you get the picture?
     If you are "bought with a price", then you no longer "own" yourself once you are saved.  It no longer matters how think or feel.  Jesus said in John 14, I am the way.  And if you're going to be saved, you have to line up with what the Word of God says.  It tells you how to think, how to walk, how to talk, and how to act. 
     My pastor used to tell me, "Your attitude determines your altitude".  There is no such thing as a sweet, mean saint.  You can't be saved and be mean.  You can't be saved and have a quick temper.  If you think you can be saved and keep your sins, you are hellbent and hellbound.

 
     This has been Apostle L. C. Nance, Sr., saying God bless you.  And pray my strength in the Lord.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment